Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. Favorite Disney character – look at me, I’m not even limiting it to a Princess! Can we call this progress?
Lol, we can definitely call this progress. My fave Disney character has always been Peter Pan, though I’m not really sure why?? I think I really like the complexity of his character.
2. What can always make you laugh?
Probably the TV show New Girl. I love it. It’s not my favorite show, but it has my exact sense of humor. It’s impossible for me not to laugh.
3. What is your favorite quote?
Oh man there’s so many. One that I think about a lot is this one:
“I’m not searching for my other half because I’m not a half.”
4. If you could have any animal in the world (or beyond) as a pet and you knew for sure that it wouldn’t eat you, what would it be?
As if it’s not already obvious by my URL….a panda. Also another dog. But mostly a panda.
5. What book do you wish that everyone could read?
Hmmm…maybe Anya’s Ghost? It’s a great story about accepting yourself, plus it’s really funny and has a cool ghost in it. Also it’s a comic so it’d only take like an hour or less to read!
6. Coffee, tea…neither?
Coffee!! I’m so dependent on it; if I don’t have coffee I end up having to take like a 3 hour nap. I blame my parents for this addiction. Plus, tea isn’t really my cup of tea. (haha…good one, Jamie)
7. What authors are insta-buys for you?
Oh boy…I’m just gonna narrow it down to the big 3: Cassandra Clare, Marissa Meyer, and Sophie Kinsella. (And probably Rainbow Rowell, once I read more of her books)
8. How do you feel about classic books?
Not good. We do not get along. I always feel really uneducated when I can’t connect to a classic book, but I hardly ever can. I just find them boring and hard to read. I think the only exception for me is Pride & Prejudice.
9. What song is stuck in your head right this very minute?
Trouble by Imagine Dragons. It’s been stuck in my head all morning and it won’t go away!!
10. And last but not least, what do you think your favorite book of 2017 will be?
I’m really hoping it’ll be Caraval. It was definitely my most anticipated of the year and now that it’s out, I’m scared to go near it because my expectations are so high. I actually got it out of the library the day of its release…but then I returned it because I wasn’t ready.
1. What is one book that made you cry?
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes! I’ve mentioned this like 1000 times but it was honestly the most I’ve ever cried at a book. Or a movie. (Besides The Notebook. That’s a whole different story)!
2. If you could travel one place in the entire world and all your expenses were paid, where would you go?
New Zealand! Don’t know what city exactly but definitely New Zealand. It looks so beautiful.
3. Where is your favorite place to read? Like in front of fireplace, outside on the grass, on your bed in a blanket… what?
Ohhh…on my couch. The absolute best is reading on the couch really early in the morning with some coffee and my cat.
4. Which TV show would you choose to binge watch?
That’s a hard one. Probably Gilmore Girls, if only out of necessity. I need to finish rewatching the original before watching the revival, and I really need to watch the revival.
5. Would you rather meet your favorite author but you cannot say a single word, or would you have a signed copy of your favorite book made personally to you but every 10th page is missing?
Probably meet my favorite author, because I would most likely be unable to speak in their presence anyway.
6. What is your top reading strategy to maximize how many books you will read in a year?
Definitely reading multiple books at a time. If I ever get bored of one book or start wanting something different, I just jump to another one instead of waiting it out.
7. What is the talent or achievement that you are most proud of?
Is making this book blog too cheesy of an answer? Other than that, I’m pretty proud of my photoshop skills. I can make some pretty cool gifs.
8. What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book, and why?
Catching Fire, maybe?? It was my favorite book of the series and my favorite movie of the series so that counts for something. Also, the casting was great.
9. If you were going to recommend me one book, which one would it be, and why?
Fangirl is my current go-to recommendation so probably that one. It has great writing and great characters and is so easy to read.
10. Which fictional character would you go out on a date with, and do you think it would work out?
[spoilers for The Selection series!!!]
Probably Aspen. I know basically everybody chose Maxon over Aspen, but I personally liked Aspen way better. And since he didn’t end up with America, I can have him for myself. (Shh, I’m ignoring the fact that he ended up with one of the maids)
11. What kind of book swag (e.g. buttons, bookmarks, postcards, bookplates, wristbands, etc.) is your favorite?
Book candles!! It’s such a unique idea and it’s so interesting to know what book characters/worlds would smell like. Plus, I just love candles in general.
- YoPham @Not So Phamous
- Alexandra @ Sandraandbooks
- Kate @ ReadingwithLovely
- Kate @ Meltingpotsandothercalamities
(hey, two Kates!)
1. What’s your favorite smell? (Is that a weird question??)
2. Did you have a favorite movie when you were little?
3. What’s one thing you have planned in 2017 that you’re really excited for?
4. Favorite song? (Or just a song you’ve been listening to a lot recently)
5. If you had to choose, would you rather lose your hearing or your vision?
6. Marvel or DC? Or neither?
7. If you were to write a children’s book, what would it be about?
8. Do you prefer the outdoors or the indoors?
9. Who’s your favorite artist?
10. Would you rather read a fluffy book or a gritty book?
11. What do you hate that everyone else seems to like?
The Black Cat Blue Sea Award
“This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.”
Thanks to Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews for nominating me for this award!! This is the cutest award name ever. I already told you guys to check out Mandy’s blog but I’m going to mention it again because she’s that great: check out her blog!
- Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
1. What was your last favorite book and why?
Okay I’m kind of cheating because this book was a reread, but Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I gave it 4.5 stars and I love it so much- it’s so well-written and unique.
2. Has there ever been a time when you hated or gave up on reading?
There was a time in high school when I just kind of…fell out of reading. I was only reading 1 or 2 books a month and wasn’t liking most of them. I just had a lot to do and kept putting books on the back burner.
3. What book are you most excited to read this year? (Doesn’t have to be a 2017 release)
I already mentioned Caraval, so I won’t again. So…When Dimple Met Rishi. I’ve been in love with it ever since I saw the cover and a diverse cute contemporary is something I neeeeed.
- Aoife @ Pretty Purple Polka Dots
- Rakel @ MiRakelBooks
- Joanne and/or Bryan @ yaguitarist
1. What’s your most anticipated movie release of this year?
2. What’s your favorite type of TV show to watch? (Crime, drama, sit-com, etc.)
3. What fictional character do you think is most like you?
Thanks again to Mandy and Kester for nominating me for these awards!! 😀
To those nominated: as always, feel free to ignore the nomination if you’ve already been nominated/don’t want to be.